Gum Disease Treatment
Enjoy Great Smile Care at Our Marietta Dentist Office
- Choose from three relaxing sedation options
- Gentle laser treatment helps you avoid surgery
- Keep your gums healthy and your smile bright
Relieve Pain & Improve Your Oral Health With Gum Disease Treatment in Marietta
At Atlanta West Dentistry, we perform comfortable Marietta gum disease treatment to help ensure that gum disease doesn’t return to cause further damage. Using the most patient-friendly techniques, we will:
- Repair your gums if they are swollen, bleeding, tender, pulling away from your teeth, or affecting how your teeth fit together
- Use laser technology to provide a speedier recovery period and better results
- Ensure you remain relaxed and pain-free during any procedure by offering you a choice of three sedation options
If your gums are red, swollen, or bleeding, call us today at (770) 941-6979 to schedule an appointment. Drs. Watson and Bowersox offer complimentary consultations and second opinions in our friendly dentist office. Our highly skilled doctors and staff will answer any questions and determine which treatment is best for your smile.
Using the Latest, Most Comfortable Laser Technology to Treat Your Gums
Whenever possible, we avoid surgery by using lasers to rid your gums of infection with pinpoint precision. We use the DEKA CO2 laser, which:
- Vaporizes infected tissue in your gums
- Reduces bleeding
- Greatly speeds up your healing process
- Reduces chances of relapse for gum tissue attached to your tooth
Before your procedure, we will numb your mouth using The Wand®, a computer-operated numbing tool that doesn’t require any big, scary syringes.
Gently Cleaning Your Gums With Scaling & Root Planing
Scaling and root planing are gum disease treatment options that are essentially “deep cleaning” procedures. These procedures are used to remove plaque and tartar buildup from underneath your gums and off the roots of your teeth.
Allowing these substances to thrive can lead to jawbone decay and tooth loss. These deep cleaning procedures are often used as a first option for solving gum disease issues, before any major damage has occurred.
We may also send you home with a follow-up treatment consisting of AO ProVantage Gel, CTx4 Gel 5000, or PreviDent fluoride gel. We often check back after one month to determine if further gum disease treatment is necessary.
Call (770) 941-6979 today to talk to our team about Marietta gum disease treatment. Your complimentary consultation will allow us to determine the best course of action to ensure you no longer deal with dental discomfort and can protect your smile!